Talking Points: GBP/USD Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 1.6260 (50% Fib ret.), 1.6164 (61.8% Fib ret.) Resistance: 1.6356 (38.2% Fib ret.), 1.6442 (channel bottom) The British Pound declined against the US Dollar as expected after showing a Bearish Engulfing candlestick pattern. Prices are now stalling above support at 1.6260, the 50% Fibonacci retracement, as investors await the BOE policy announcement . A break below support exposes the 61.8% level at 1.6164. Alternatively, a reversal above the 38.2% Fib at 1.6356 targets a rising channel bottom set from set from mid-December at 1.6442. Back-to-back Hammer candles above support hint a bounce may be ahead, warning against betting on further selling. Confirmation of a turn higher is absent however. This coupled with looming event risk argues against initiating trades for now and we will stand aside.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11