DUBAI , 6th February, 2014 /WAM/ -- Dubai Investments has organised a Blood Donation Camp as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility,CSR, agenda. Held at the company s headquarters at Dubai Investments Park , DIP, in association with the Dubai Blood Donation Centre Dubai Health Authority, the Blood Donation Camp received an overwhelming response from employees of various DI entities. This is the second consecutive year that DI organised a Blood Donation Camp. Abdulaziz bin Yagub Al Serkal , General Manager of Dubai Investments PJSC , said, "There are few noble causes such as blood donation, and we at Dubai Investments are committed to give back to the community through such endeavours. We are thankful to the DHA for their support and our group employees for their response." According to the DHA, one unit of blood can be separated into four individual components, potentially saving multiple lives. The Dubai Blood Donation Centre needs 250-300 units of all groups every day. It collects about 150-180 units of blood daily, 25 per cent from donors who come to the centre and the remainder through blood donation drives and camps.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign