Its revenue in the period climbed 6.4 per cent to
For the full year, the telecommunications company's earnings jumped 41.5 per cent to
Revenue grew 5.8 per cent to
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) and Ebitda margins were
Following the strong set of results,
Its chief executive officer
"We see the strong uptake on mobile Internet as a direct result of our focus on delivering a stronger network experience to our customers.
"During the year, we expanded our HSPA+ enabled 3G network to 80 per cent population coverage, from 67 per cent a year ago, and increased our own and jointly-built fibre network to more than 3,200km nationwide, building the vital backhaul connectivity needed to support always-on, high-speed data experience," he said.
Clausen said the telco also continued to focus on delivering higher quality experience of its network, and this has directly resulted in stronger Internet usage and positive overall customer satisfaction.
"In fourth quarter, we also launched a special year-end 'Thank You' campaign with attractive deals for smartphones and tablets, with voice and Internet offerings.
"We continue to see affordable smartphone and tablets driving Internet usage, especially among prepaid subscribers," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low