TORONTO _ The Canadian dollar opened at 90.40 cents US, up 0.15 of a cent from Wednesday's close. The U.S. dollar stood at 110.62 cents Cdn, down 0.18 of a cent. Pound sterling was worth C$1.8027 , down 0.44 of a cent, US$1.6296 , down 0.14 of a cent. The euro was worth C$1.4951 , down 0.47 of a cent. (Quotations provided by BMO Capital Markets )
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO