The Bulgarian government has approved the winning projects that will receive financing under the BGN 500mn ( EUR 256mn ) fund called Growth and Sustainable Development of the Regions, finance minister Petar Chobanov was quoted as saying by his ministry. A total of 405 projects will receive financing from the fund that was established to increase the transparency and efficiency of public finances management. Almost all of them were submitted by municipalities (392), while the rest came from ministries of the central government. Funding has been allocated to water supply, sewage and waste management projects (BGN 78.3mn); transport infrastructure (BGN 104.6mn); social infrastructure (BGN 197.5mn) [projects related to schools and kindergartens, universities, healthcare, sports halls and facilities]; and other projects (BGN 119mn).
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years