In addition to more powerful CPUs, both FlashServer HA 4400 and FlashServer HA 4300 have increased main memory capacity: up to 256 GB. The FlashServer HA 4400 also adds two 10 Gbps Ethernet ports per server module for increased network performance.
FlashServer HA uses hardware-based server mirroring: two server modules within a single enclosure that operate in parallel, simultaneously running the same operating system and applications on the same data. If either server module fails, results from the remaining server are used while the failed server is restored to proper operation. Repairs require no special training: an IT staffer merely slides out the failed module, and inserts a new one. Best of all, the entire process -- from failure detection to repair -- takes place with no application disruption. As far as the operating system and applications are concerned, the system has been operating continuously!
Cluster solutions typically require a separate license for each server -- plus the clustering software. Then there's configuring scripts to handle application failover and fail-back. FlashServer HA appears as a single server to OS and application software, meaning only one copy of operating system and application software needs to be licensed. Best of all, FlashServer HA system and its applications are managed like any other standalone
"Every organization has at least one application for which downtime is simply unthinkable," said
Keywords for this news article include: Software, Aerospace and Defense.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday