Officials at a Polish zoo announced a white lioness has become a first-time mother with a litter of three cubs. The Borysew Zoo said Azira, the white lioness, gave birth to the cubs and the newborns appear to be doing well, Polska Agencja Prasowa reported Wednesday. "Even though Azira is a mother for the first time, she's doing a great job of taking care of her offspring," the zoo said in a statement. "Thanks to this, the snow-white young lions feel excellent and they're happy to pose for pictures." The zoo said the cubs have not been named as officials have not yet determined their sexes. The lions, native to South Africa's Timbavati region, get their coloring from a recessive gene, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South