MADSION, Wis. (AP) — The foundation that manages patents for the
It's not the first time the nonprofit foundation has sued over the same patent, the
In addition to the iPhone 5S, the technology is used in the iPad Air, and the iPad Mini with Retina Display.
The lawsuit, which was filed Monday in
WARF general counsel
Usually, in cases such as this, the company filing the lawsuit is not looking to stop production of the products that claim to violate the patent but to get money, said
"I think it's interesting in that WARF, historically, has not been very litigious. So they must feel they have some rights here that need to be enforced," Scheller said. An online check showed WARF has filed three other patent infringement lawsuits in
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges