TORONTO - Genworth MI Canada Inc. (TSX: MIC), Canada's largest private insurer of residential mortgages, has reported an increase in net income in the fourth quarter. Genworth says it earned net income of $93 million , or 98 cents per common share in the three months ended Dec. 31 . That was up from $89 million , or 90 cents , in the same year-earlier period. Net premiums written totalled $129 million , up 11 per cent over the $117 million written in the same 2012 quarter. ( The Canadian Press )
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'