Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Interactions at the primer 3 ' end indicate that Thr541 and Asp540 are the acceptors of the first proton transfer in the chemical step, whereas in the translocation step both residues hold the primer 3 ' terminus in the vicinity of the priming site, which is crucial for high processivity."
For more information on this research see: Cooperative dynamics of a DNA polymerase replicating complex. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Proteins and Proteomics, 2013;1834(12):2554-2563. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Proteins and Proteomics can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels