Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from DRDO, "The oxygen absorption at 760.241 nm was scanned with a tunable DFB laser, and wavelength modulation spectroscopy was used to obtain the harmonics (1f, 2f, 3f & 4f) of the oxygen absorption signal. The modulation parameters such as the modulation voltage, modulation frequency, reference phase, time constant of lock in amplifier, the tuning voltage, and the tuning frequency were optimized to obtain the harmonics of high amplitude and narrow half width. Keeping the experimental parameters constant, the oxygen concentration measurements were obtained by the following three methodologies, viz, (i) using only the 2nd harmonic, (ii) using the 2nd and 4th harmonics and, (iii) using the 1st and 2nd harmonics."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The results of these measurements were compared and the merits and drawbacks of these methods are discussed."
For more information on this research see: Validation of wavelength modulation spectroscopy techniques for oxygen concentration measurement. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 2014;192():70-76. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Sa, PO Box 564, 1001 Lausanne,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Neethu, DRDO, Defence Bioengn & Elect Lab DEBEL,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO