South Africa borrowed on Tuesday, Feb 4 , a total of ZAR 2.35bn ( EUR 155.8mn ) through the sale of three fixed-rate government bond issues, in line with the original target, data from the central bank showed. Yields were mixed compared to the previous auctions. The central bank sold ZAR 1bn of its R2030 bond, which matures on Jan 31, 2030 and bears an annual coupon of 8%, at a yield of 9.29%, slightly up from 9.21% at the previous auction of the issue held on January 28 . The total amount of bids placed rose fell 21% to ZAR 2.565bn . The central bank sold another ZAR 800mn of its R209 bond, which matures on March 31, 2036 and bears an annual coupon of 6.25%. It attracted bids worth ZAR 3.735bn , up 115.3% compared with the previous auction of the issue held on December 10 , and was sold at a yield of 9.26%, up from 9.05%. The central bank sold also ZAR 550mn of its R214 bond, which carries an annual coupon of 6.5% and matures on Feb 28, 2041 , at a yield of 9.36%, down from 9.44% at the previous auction of the issue held on January 28 . Bids worth ZAR 2.755bn were received, up 14.8% from the previous auction. R2030, Jan 31, 2030 , 8% coupon R2030, Jan 31, 2030 , 8% coupon R209, Mar 31, 2036 , 6.25% coupon R209, Mar 31, 2036 , 6.25% coupon R214, Feb 28, 2041 , 6.5% coupon R214, Feb 28, 2041 , 6.5% coupon Auction date 4-Feb-14 28-Jan-14 4-Feb-14 10-Dec-13 4-Feb-14 28-Jan-14 Total amount allocated (ZAR mn) 1,000 1,000 800 900 550 350 Total bids received (ZAR mn) 2,565 3,245 3,735 1,735 2,755 2,400 Bid-to-cover ratio 2.57 3.25 4.67 1.93 5.01 6.86 Lowest bid 9.18% 9.10% 9.15% 8.90% 9.28% 9.35% Highest bid 9.52% 9.50% 9.50% 9.30% 9.62% 9.65% Clearing yield 9.29% 9.21% 9.26% 9.05% 9.36% 9.44% Source: South African Reserve Bank
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels