ENP Newswire -
Release date- 04022014 -
SDN is an approach to network design and management that moves the control of network switches - which forward data through an enterprise - from the switches to an extensible software platform with open interfaces. SDNs provide added responsiveness and adaptability for cloud computing, Big Data analytics, as well as mobile and social business services.
'It generally takes days to re-provision a network,' said
Announced at the OpenDaylight Summit, the IBM SDN VE is among the first products built with open source components and interfaces from the
The SDN VE consists of the unified controller, virtual switches for creating overlays, gateways to non-SDN environments and open interfaces for application integration. SDN VE enables network administrators to achieve greater enterprise performance, scalability and security, and address ever-changing business needs by speeding up network provisioning from days to hours.
'Our goal is to take advantage of the openness of the OpenDaylight platform and deliver that advantage to clients by collaborating with other developers to establish an ecosystem of interoperable network applications and services,' said Dr.
IBM SDN VE availability is planned for this quarter. For more information about
IBM Media Relations
1 (585) 698-9974
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?