ENP Newswire -
Release date- 04022014 -
SDN is an approach to network design and management that moves the control of network switches - which forward data through an enterprise - from the switches to an extensible software platform with open interfaces. SDNs provide added responsiveness and adaptability for cloud computing, Big Data analytics, as well as mobile and social business services.
'It generally takes days to re-provision a network,' said
Announced at the OpenDaylight Summit, the IBM SDN VE is among the first products built with open source components and interfaces from the
The SDN VE consists of the unified controller, virtual switches for creating overlays, gateways to non-SDN environments and open interfaces for application integration. SDN VE enables network administrators to achieve greater enterprise performance, scalability and security, and address ever-changing business needs by speeding up network provisioning from days to hours.
'Our goal is to take advantage of the openness of the OpenDaylight platform and deliver that advantage to clients by collaborating with other developers to establish an ecosystem of interoperable network applications and services,' said Dr.
IBM SDN VE availability is planned for this quarter. For more information about
IBM Media Relations
1 (585) 698-9974
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel