Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from CASPUR, "To understand how Top1ccs affect genome stability, we have investigated the global transcriptional response to CPT-induced Top1ccs. Top1ccs trigger an accumulation of antisense RNAPII transcripts specifically at active divergent CpG-island promoters in a replication-independent and Top1-dependent manner. As CPT increases antisense transcript levels in the presence of 5,6-dichloro-1-beta-D-ribofuranosylbenzimidazole, a transcription inhibitor, Top1ccs likely impair antisense RNA degradation. Time-course data showed a burst of Top1ccs increased by CPT at promoter sites and along transcribed regions, causing a transient block of RNAPII at the promoter. Moreover, cell immunofluorescence analyses showed that Top1ccs induce a transient increase of R-loops specifically at highly transcribed regions such as nucleoli in a Top1-dependent manner. Thus, a specific and highly dynamic transcriptional response to Top1ccs occurs at divergent active CpG-island promoters, which may include a transient stabilization of R-loops."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The results clarify molecular features of a response pathway leading to transcription-dependent genome instability and altered transcription regulation."
For more information on this research see: Antisense transcripts enhanced by camptothecin at divergent CpG-island promoters associated with bursts of topoisomerase I-DNA cleavage complex and R-loop formation.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Tesla Expanding its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash