Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the Faculty of Sciences, "The solution phases (liquid, hcp and bcc) are modeled with the Redlich-Kister equation, and the intermetallic compounds (Sn4Y5, Sn10Y11, Sn2Y, Sn5Y2 and Sn3Y) are treated as stoichiometric compounds. The Sn3Y5 sub-stoichiometric intermetallic compound, which have a homogeneity range, were treated with the formula (Sn)(0.375)(Sn,Y%)(0.625) by a two-sublattice model with Sn on the first sublattice and Sn and Yon the second one."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The calculated phase diagram and the thermodynamic properties of the system are in satisfactory agreement with the majority of the experimental data."
For more information on this research see: Thermodynamic reassessment of the Sn-Y system.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from A. Iddaoudi,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property