Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "A vertical localization experiment is carried out on an experimental system. Estimated source elevation is reported during an elevation matching task using an auditory pointer. Vertical localization accuracy is shown to be good with five elevation levels being discriminated. Localization precision remains as good as 6 9 with only 24 loudspeakers contributing to the wave field synthesis system covering the frontal quarter of the upper half sphere of the listening space."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The response time is used as an additional performance index that further supports the localization results."
For more information on this research see: Vertical Localization Performance in a Practical 3-D WFS Formulation.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March