ATLANTA , Feb. 3 -- The Small Business Administration's Office of Disaster Assistance issued the following news release: The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private non-profit organizations of all sizes that March 3 is the filing deadline for federal economic injury disaster loans. These loans are available in Dakota , Goodhue , Wabasha , Washington and Winona counties in Minnesota as a result of excessive rain and snow, and multiple periods of thawing and refreezing resulting in winterkill between Jan. 1 and May 21, 2013 "These counties are eligible because they are contiguous to one or more primary counties in Wisconsin . The Small Business Administration recognizes that disasters do not usually stop at county or state lines. For that reason, counties adjacent to primary counties named in the declaration are included," according to Frank Skaggs , director of SBA's Field Operations Center East. Under this declaration, the SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan program is available to eligible farm-related and nonfarm-related entities that suffered financial losses as a direct result of this disaster. With the exception of aquaculture enterprises, SBA cannot provide disaster loans to agricultural producers, farmers, or ranchers. The working capital loan amount can be up to $2 million with interest rates of 4 percent for eligible small businesses and 2.875 percent for non-profit organizations with terms up to 30 years. Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA's secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela . Disaster loan information and application forms may also be obtained by calling the SBA's Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Loan applications can be downloaded from the SBA's website at www.sba.gov . Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration , Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road , Fort Worth, TX 76155. The deadline to return economic injury loan application is March 3, 2014 . TNS 30BautistaJude 140205-4626492 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO