A company in
R-Display & Lighting received the grant from the
The company is working to advance organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology, a new technology that can be used for displays in electronic devices such as smartphones or to produce white light for lighting applications. The goal of the NYSERDA project is to use innovative materials to improve the performance of lighting products and to support OLED manufacturing companies in producing the products at a lower cost.
"There is a growing interest and effort in
Royster has been collaborating with chemistry and engineering faculty at RIT. "Venture Creations has allowed us to make strategic business connections," Royster said. "It's a good place for us to conduct business and receive business mentoring."
Royster stated plans are in place to set up a new laboratory to further advance the OLED materials and "develop prototype lighting products that demonstrate the performance of our new lighting materials."
"Building research and development programs are critical in the state's innovation pipeline as it looks to new technologies that will assist businesses and homeowners achieve greater savings through energy efficiency," Rhodes said.
About Venture Creations
RIT's Venture Creations incubator is where young companies can advance their concepts to become profitable, viable businesses and use resources such as coaching, networking and connections to potential investors. It also is home to RIT's NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator, a joint industry outreach effort by Venture Creations and the
Venture Creations is located on
TNS 30FurigayJof 140205-4627271 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet