The government has decided to offer licences for 20 years, instead of the earlier planned 15. This move followed consultations with industry insiders.
Authorities expect the sale to generate HUF 125bn (
NMHH announced plans last November to call tenders for unused frequencies in the 2,600 MHz, 1,800 MHz, 900 MHz, 800 MHz and 26 GHz bands with the aim of expanding mobile broadband Internet access.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes