The president and CEO of a mortgage-banking firm was named the president of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, the organization announced Wednesday.
Jason Madiedo, who served as president-elect of the trade association for Hispanic real estate professionals in 2013, succeeds outgoing president Juan Martinez. Mr. Madiedo has been part of NAHREP's national leadership team since 2007.
"Jason Madiedo has been an integral part of NAHREP's national leadership," said Gary Acosta, NAHREP's co-founder and CEO, in a press release. "His leadership and expertise in the lending arena comes at a crucial time as we enter an era of regulatory changes that will impact home buying transactions and Latino families."
Mr. Madiedo leads the Las Vegas-based Venta Financial Group, which has wholesale and retail lending operations in California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Florida. Nearly a 20-year veteran of the housing finance industry, Mr. Madiedo started as a mortgage originator and rose to the executive post. He is just the third lender in the organization's top leadership position.
Teresa Palacios Smith was appointed president-elect of NAHREP and has served on the group's national board since 2011. She was the founder of the NAHREP Atlanta chapter and is the vice president of business development for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties.
Both were sworn in this week during NAHREP's annual legislative conference in Washington, D.C. The Hispanic real estate trade organization has more than 21,000 members and 40 affiliate chapters.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO