Item 8.01 Other Events As of January 31, 2014 , Guaranty Federal Bancshares, Inc. , the holding company (the "Company") for Guaranty Bank , has significantly reduced its nonperforming assets (comprised of non-accrual loans and foreclosed assets held for sale) due to the payoff of a $3.7 million non-accrual loan relationship. The subject credit relationship had been in nonaccrual status for approximately three years. While January 31, 2014 preliminary financial results are not yet available, on an adjusted basis at year end, nonperforming assets would have been reduced to $16.0 million compared to the $19.7 million previously announced, representing a decline of approximately 19%. Nonperforming assets as a percentage of total assets would have been approximately 2.58% compared to the actual 3.17% as of December 31, 2013 . From the payoffs and the collection of accrued interest, the Company has recognized $335,000 of income from the transactions.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista