Talking Points: USD/CAD Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 1.1067 (23.6% Fib ret.), 1.0970 (38.2% Fib ret.) Resistance: 1.1223 ( Jan 31 high) The Canadian Dollar is attempting to break out against its US counterpart, with prices probing below support at 1.1067 (23.6% Fibonacci retracement) yet again. A daily close below this level exposes the 38.2% Fib at 1.0970. Near-term resistance is still at 1.1223, the January 31 high. Attempting to enter short without confirmation after three failed attempts to breach support doesn't seem prudent. Furthermore, yesterday's price action snapped four days of consecutive losses and produced a Doji candle, hinting at a possible bounce ahead (though this too is unconfirmed for now). On balance, we will opt to remain flat for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline