Talking Points: NZD/USD Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 0.8196 (38.2% Fib ret.), 0.8141 (23.6% Fib ret.) Resistance: 0.8241 (50% Fib ret., trend line), 0.8286 (61.8% Fib ret.) The New Zealand Dollar is pausing to consolidate after recoiling upward (as we suspected ). Breaking above resistance at 0.8241, a barrier marked by the 50% Fibonacci retracement and a falling trend line set from mid-January, targets the 61.8% level at 0.8286. Alternatively, a turn below support at 0.8196 - the 38.2% Fib - exposes the 23.6% retracement at 0.8141. Entering long at current levels is unattractive from a risk/reward perspective with prices squarely at resistance. On the other hand, assuming resistance will hold and entering short without a defined reversal signal seems premature. We will remain flat for now until something more compelling is noted.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'