Talking Points: GBP/JPY Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 163.87 ( Feb 4 low) Resistance: 166.17 (23.6% Fib ret.), 167.24-60 (channel bottom, 38.2% Fib ret.) The British Pound edged higher against the Japanese Yen to test resistance at 166.17, the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement. A break above this barrier on a daily closing basis targets the 167.24.60 region (marked by the underside of a previously broken falling channel and the 38.2% Fib). Near-term support is at 163.87, the February 4 low. Entering long here remains unattractive from a risk/reward perspective as prices hover within a hair of near-term resistance. Alternatively, taking a trade on the short side appears to be premature without a clear-cut bearish reversal signal. We will remain in wait-and-see mode for now until something more tangible presents itself.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South