Talking Points: EUR/GBP Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 0.8255 (14.6% Fib exp.), 0.8167-87 ( Jan 22 , 31 swing lows) Resistance: 0.8295-0.8309 (23.6% Fib ret., minor trend line.), 0.8361 (major trend line) The Euro continues to stall against the British Pound, struggling to clear resistance in the 0.8295-0.8309 area (falling trend line set from December, 23.6% Fibonacci retracement). Breaking higher on a daily closing basis aims for a longer-term trend line set from August (now at 0.8361). Alternatively, turning back beneath support at the 14.6% Fib expansion (0.8255) targets recent swing lows in the 0.8167-87 region. Hefty event risk in the form of the ECB and BOE rate decisions in the hours ahead can dramatically impact positioning, arguing against taking the current chart setup at face value. Furthermore, risk/reward parameters are far from ideal, with prices tightly bracketed by near-term technical barriers. We will watch from the sidelines for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign