Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "In contrast, the corresponding SERS spectra calculated at adopted incident light are strongly enhanced, and the calculated enhancement factors are 10(4)similar to 10(5). Thus, the experimentally observed SERS phenomenon of PCBs supported on Ag substrates should correspond to the SERS spectra rather than the normal Raman spectra."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The dominant enhancement in Raman intensities origins from the charge transfer resonance enhancement between the molecule and clusters."
For more information on this research see: Theoretical elucidation of the origin of surface-enhanced Raman spectra of PCB52 adsorbed on silver substrates.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security