TORONTO, CANADA --(Marketwired - Feb. 5, 2014 ) - Canadian General Investments, Limited (CGI) (TSX:CGI)(TSX:CGI.PR.C)(TSX:CGI.PR.D)(LSE:CGI) reports on an unaudited basis that its net asset value per share (NAV) at January 31, 2014 was $25.71 , resulting in year-to-date and 12-month NAV returns, with dividends reinvested, of 0.2% and 17.6%, respectively. These compare with the 0.8% and 11.4% returns of the benchmark S&P/TSX Composite Index on a total return basis for the same periods. The closing price for CGI's common shares at January 31, 2014 was $17.65 , resulting in year-to-date and 12-month market returns, with dividends reinvested, of -4.1% and 15.2%, respectively. The sector weightings of CGI's investment portfolio at market as of January 31, 2014 were as follows: Financials 20.8% Energy 19.3% Consumer Discretionary 15.3% Industrials 13.7% Materials 13.3% Information Technology 6.4% Telecommunication Services 3.7% Health Care 3.5% Utilities 1.9% Consumer Staples 1.6% Cash & Cash Equivalents 1.0% The top ten investments which comprised 30.1% of the investment portfolio at market as of January 31, 2014 were as follows: Dollarama Inc. 4.5% Catamaran Corporation 3.5% Enbridge Inc. 3.4% Canadian Pacific Railway Limited 3.2% Bank of Montreal 2.7% Methanex Corporation 2.7% Element Financial Corporation 2.6% Stantec Inc. 2.5% Royal Bank of Canada 2.5% Rogers Communications Inc. 2.5% FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Canadian General Investments, Limited Jonathan A. Morgan President and CEO (416) 366-2931 (416) 366-2729 (FAX) email@example.com www.canadiangeneralinvestments.ca Source: Canadian General Investments, Limited
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?