ENP Newswire - 05 February 2014 Release date- 04022014 - Neuilly-sur-Seine, France - Bureau Veritas successfully completed the acquisition of Maxxam Analytics International Corporation on January 31, 2014 . The share purchase agreement was signed by Bureau Veritas and OMERS Private Equity on December 20, 2013 , for a consideration of CAD 650 million subject to customary closing conditions including regulatory clearance. Maxxam operates in three main areas: environmental services, petroleum services and food safety and DNA/forensics services. Canada's market leader, Maxxam has the largest laboratory network in Canada and has approximately 2,500 employees. Maxxam's revenue for the fiscal year ended in March 2013 was CAD 246 million . The acquisition of Maxxam positions Bureau Veritas as the leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) industry in Canada , a market with strong growth prospects, and expands its portfolio of services with high added-value expertise. This acquisition is in line with the strategic objectives of the BV2015 plan, including a stronger presence in North America and diversification into new services with solid growth potential. About Bureau Veritas Bureau Veritas is a world leader in conformity assessment and certification services. Created in 1828, the Group has 62,000 employees in around 1,330 offices and laboratories located in 140 countries. Bureau Veritas helps its clients to improve their performances by offering services and innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Contact: Tel: +33 1 55 24 70 00
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?