Families can now enjoy all the functions of an easy-to-use touchscreen smartphone, including email,
This stylish handset gives all of the family access to the internet without having to wait for a computer to boot up. Customers will be able to link up to their home wi-fi and keep themselves up to date and entertained with Twitter,
Customers will have instant access to a browser to quickly find whatever they want wherever they are in the house, making it easy to answer their emails in the garden, or look up recipes in the kitchen. It's also easy to call straight from selected numbers on websites, saving the need for dialling or jotting numbers down.
The Home SmartPhone S comes with a 2GB expandable memory which means it can store everyone's favourite music to play all around the house with the music and video player. The front facing camera is handy for taking photos around the home, or going online to make video calls so they can see as well as hear their friends.
It has all the great features of a BT home phone with high quality call clarity, an answering machine which can be accessed at home or remotely, and hands free capability. It also has a range of up to 300m and the capacity to store up to 1500 contacts.
With BT's unique Nuisance Call Blocking feature customers will be able to block calls from "international" numbers, "withheld" numbers, and unknown callers. They will also have the option to put the phone into "Do Not Disturb" mode, which switches off the ringer, as well as being able to bar outgoing calls to selected numbers, such as premium rate lines, and block incoming calls from up to 10 telephone numbers.
Nuisance calls are a growing concern in the
- The BT Home SmartPhone S, is available in Argos stores and at www.bt.com/shop.
Notes to Editors:
BT Home SmartPhone S
- Internet browsing
- Apps Opera Mobile store
- Email client
- Blocks up to 80% of nuisance calls
- 3.5" capacitive touch screen
- Tune-In Internet Radio App
- Video and Music player
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system
- Front facing camera
- Choose the type of calls which are blocked (international, withheld number, No caller ID or payphone)
- Block incoming and outgoing calls to specific numbers
- Do Not Disturb mode
- DECT Cordless Telephone answering service with 24 minutes recording time
- Up to 1500 contact storage
- Wi-Fi connectivity
Enquiries about this news release should be made to the BT Group Newsroom on its 24-hour number: 020 7356 5369. From outside the UK dial + 44 20 7356 5369. All news releases can be accessed at our web site: http://www.bt.com/newscentre
BT is one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband and internet products and services and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business:
For the year ended
For more information, visit www.btplc.com
 Caller Display required for Nuisance call blocking functionality, available free for 12 months with BT Privacy with Caller Display
2 Based on BT's Nuisance Calls Advice line data 2012, up to 80% of international, withheld nuisance calls, and specific
3 BT6500 has been the leading range in the market since
4 Based on monthly call volumes into BT's Nuisance Calls Advice line, data for 2012 / 2013up to 80% of international, withheld nuisance calls, and specific
Tel: 020 7356 2830
Mob: 07739 925055
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001