COMPETITIVE bidding among telecom operators such as
In all, 21 rounds of bidding were concluded by the end of day three with bids coming in for all the 22 circles. While the bid amount for 900 MHz band at the end of the auction reached `
" Bids of around `
Farooqui added that the government will get, at least, `
According to sources, about 71.7 per cent of the quantum of 900 MHz band put up for auction has been secured by telcos. They are now battling for the remaining 28.3 per cent of the precious spectrum.
There was excess demand for 1,800 MHz in
" Besides 900 MHz band, now demand for 1,800 MHz in many circles has picked up.
We will continue with auction on Thursday,'' Farooqui further added.
Eight telecom companies are competing for the 900 MHz and 1,800 MHz bands in 22 circles in the third spectrum auction within 15 months as the previous two auctions had flopped due to high reserve price. Bidding was intense for the prime 900 MHz, which is being auctioned for
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock