The comScore survey revealed that the tech giant captured 41.8 percent of smartphone sales in the final three months of 2013, up from 40.6 percent in the three months to September.
According to News24, the gains are attributed to the September release of its iPhone 5S and 5C models in the US and other world markets.
The survey found that Apple remained ahead of Samsung with 26.1percent share in the US market.
The report added that despite Apple iPhone being most popular among Americans, the Android platform came as the top leader with 51.5 percent of smartphone subscribers compared to Apple's iOS with 41.8 percent. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline