The SLS, NASA’s next generation launch vehicle, is an advanced, heavy-lift vehicle, designed to provide safe, affordable, and sustainable access to science and human exploration beyond Earth’s orbit. It will carry the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle as well as cargo, equipment, and science missions into deep space.
The LVSA, a critical element of the SLS, will adapt the SLS core stage to the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS) while providing a protective envelope for the ICPS propulsion system. Teledyne Brown will partner with MSFC to use its Advanced Welding Facility for assembly of LVSA components.
“Alabama companies like
“The Space Launch System is a centerpiece program for MSFC and a strategic capability for our nation,” said
Teledyne Brown has provided full lifecycle engineering and prototyping solutions for every major
Forward-Looking Statements Cautionary Notice
This press release contains forward-looking statements, as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, relating to a contract award. Actual results could differ materially from these forward-looking statements. Many factors could change anticipated results, including funding, continuation and award of government programs, as well as cuts to government spending resulting from future deficit reduction measures.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder