Amadeus has purchased Singapore-based airport information technology supplier UFIS Airport Solutions.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
UFIS has a complementary suite of airport technology solutions based on 25 years of airport IT software development knowledge, in addition to client relationships globally with specific importance on
About 54 employees globally, including UFIS s management team, will become part of Amadeus s
This strategic acquisition accelerates our move into the airport IT industry, confirming Amadeus as a key provider in this space, and emphasizing our commitment to this sector, said Amadeus head of airport IT John Jarrell. There are numerous synergies between the two companies including very strong management and development teams in addition to innovation and customer focus.
Jarrell added: Together, we are well positioned to shape the future of travel for the airport industry which today stands at a business model crossroads, evolving more and more to become business-oriented service providers with passengers as their top priority.
The acquisition is very good news for our customers and employees worldwide who will now benefit from the addition of Amadeus scale, global reach, and travel industry expertise, a solid foundation to revolutionise the airport experience to meet the needs of today s sophisticated travelers, said UFIS president and chief executive
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals