Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev suggested grain exports to Pakistan . He explained that there are some joint farming-related projects under way aimed at processing agricultural production. The statement was made at the ceremony of presenting credentials by a number of ambassadors in Astana. Kazakhstan harvested 18.9mn tonnes of grain in newt weight last year. Its exports potential is estimated at 7mn tonnes in 2013-2014 marketing year. In 2012, Kazakhstan harvested 14.7mn tonnes due to drought after reaching a record harvest of 26.9mn tonnes in 2011. The country exports grain to the neighboring Central Asian countries, the Caucasus, Iran and China .
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules