SEATTLE --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (NYSE: PCL) today announced a quarterly cash dividend of $0.44 per share. The dividend is payable on February 28, 2014 , to shareholders of record as of February 14, 2014 . Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be characterized as long-term capital gain income primarily because the income generated by the sale of Plum Creek’s timber is considered long-term capital gain. As such, Plum Creek’s dividend is expected to be taxed at a capital gain rate of 20 percent for most U.S. taxpayers. Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the nation and the most geographically diverse, with approximately 6.8 million acres of timberlands in major timber producing regions of the United States and wood products manufacturing facilities in the Northwest. For more information, visit www.plumcreek.com . Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. Investors : John Hobbs , 1-800-858-5347 or Media : Kate Tate , 1-888-467-3751 Source: Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California