TORONTO _ Genworth MI Canada Inc. (TSX: MIC), Canada's largest private insurer of residential mortgages, has reported an increase in net income in the fourth quarter. Genworth says it earned net income of $93 million , or 98 cents per common share in the three months ended Dec. 31 . That was up from $89 million , or 90 cents , in the same year-earlier period. Net premiums written totalled $129 million , up 11 per cent over the $117 million written in the same 2012 quarter.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party