TORONTO , Feb. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - A Hearing Panel of the Central Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada ("MDFA") has issued its Decision and Reasons in connection with a disciplinary hearing held in Toronto, Ontario on January 14, 2014 in the matter of Jeremy R. Stones (the "Respondent"). In its Decision and Reasons, the Hearing Panel found that Allegations 1 and 2 made against the Respondent in the Notice of Hearing dated June 4, 2013 had been established. As a consequence, the Hearing Panel imposed the following sanctions on the Respondent: a permanent prohibition from conducting securities related business in any capacity over which the MFDA has jurisdiction; a fine of $5,000 ; and costs of $2,500 A copy of the Decision and Reasons is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca . During the period described in the Notice of Hearing, the Respondent carried on business in Orillia, Ontario . The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its 112 Members and their approximately 80,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA's complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to 'Check an Advisor' and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website. SOURCE Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?