VENTURES AFRICA - Ghana's Securities and Exchange Commission has announced that it will soon approve the Initial Public offering (IPO) of Mega African Capital , a private investment company owned by Accra -based Oak Partners Ltd. The investment firmís proposed IPO is aimed at attracting high net-worth investors looking for African opportunities to generate high real returns. If the company is listed, it will be Ghana's first listing on the exchange in more than six years. Although there was no time-frame given for the listing of the company, Director General of the Securities Exchange Commission , Adu Anane Antwi said the commission had alerted the firm on some technical issues, which are currently being resolved. ďThe commission is working and pretty soon we will be done." Antwi added. Mega has been listed among the three companies that are set to be listed on the Ghana's Stock Exchange this year, with Vanguard Assurance Co. and State-owned lender, Agricultural Development Bank Ltd the other two.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks