By 2020, the growth of machines and devices connected to the Internet will reach 212 billion,
The availability of telecom networks and the competition between operators are key to enhancing coverage and reducing prices of high-speed Internet, he said.
Asked about the impact of a fourth operator on the Jordanian market that will provide fourth generation (4G) services, Ghoul said he expected the introduction of a new operator to increase competition.
The "Internet of Everything" — the interconnection of people, processes, data and things — entails an economic opportunity of
"There is huge potential for IT and app development companies in
"What we are now seeing is the emergence of an application economy where the focus will no longer be simply on the hardware, but also on supporting a larger number of applications on all connected devices."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?