KUWAIT CITY , Kuwait (AP) — Italy's prime minister says Kuwait will invest 500 million euros , some $676 million , in Italian companies. Prime Minister Enrico Letta says that the Gulf Arab country's lump cash sum investment would be made through Kuwait's sovereign wealth fund. Letta says the money will be handled by Italy's strategic fund to help Italian companies, jobs and the country's industrial sector. The Italian prime minister made the announcement in Kuwait on Tuesday in the last stop of a four-day Mideast trip aimed at boosting investments that included visits to the United Arab Emirates and Qatar .
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work