Kazakhstan harvested 18.231mn tonnes of grain and leguminous crops in 2013, the State Stat Agency has informed. This means a growth of 41.7% y/y. The share of wheat in total crops made up 76.5%. The agency also noted an increased in production of oil-bearing-crop by 53.4%, potatoes – by 6.9% y/y, fruits and vegetables – by 5% and melons – by 3.8% y/y. Among regional breakdowns, most of the grain and leguminous crops were gathered in the following regions: North-Kazakhstan (24.9% of total harvest), Akmola (24.2%) and Kostanai. At the same time, most of potatoes and vegetables was gathered in Almaty region (27.6% and 19.6% in total production respectively).
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy