Hong Kong's mortgage loan increased 7.9% recording HKD 12bn in December last year, as compared to a month earlier, while approval of mortgage loans decreased 5.7% posting HKD 13.8bn . According to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), the mortgage loans financing primary market transactions expanded by 13.4% registering HKD 3.9bn during the period, while secondary market transactions declined by 9.2% recording HKD 7.3bn , and refinancing decreased by 17.8% posting HKD 2.5bn . The number of mortgage applications increased by 0.4% m/m during the period, while outstanding value of mortgage loans expanded by 0.1% m/m posting HKD 904.6bn .
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California