The National Aerospace Technology Programme (NATEP) is a Pounds40million programme to help innovate technologies for new products or manufacturing processes. The programme is designed to create or retain 1,200 jobs in this valuable supply chain.
More than 30 small and medium sized suppliers have already applied for a share of the NATEP funding to help develop future technologies and the programme will make a series of funding calls between now and 2015.
Five industry experts based at the
He said: "The aim of the programme is to aid innovation inUKaerospace sector in order to allow us to produce new technologies at a greater rate than our competitors.
"The regional version of this programme had initially taken place here in Binley with help from the
"The technologies can be anything from ceramics in aircraft brakes to design methods for tyres and heat exchanges systems.
"Our team of experts can offer support in the form of technical and business advice as well as mentoring and guidance."
"Our central location and great transport links makes the Business Innovation Centre a great site from which to manage national programmes such as this.
"We have a long history in supporting similar technology programmes and hope to put that experience to good use in assisting NATEP."
NATEP will be managed by aerospace trade organisation, ADS and delivered across the English regions by the
Those interested can find out more about the programme can visit, www.NATEP.org.uk, call
CC AutoTriage1pm-140204-30TagarumaMar-4624122 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip