Talking Points: GBP/USD Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 1.6260 (50% Fib ret.), 1.6164 (61.8% Fib ret.) Resistance: 1.6356 (38.2% Fib ret.), 1.6428 (channel bottom) Prices declined as expected after putting in a Bearish Engulfing candlestick pattern. The pair is now testing support at 1.6260, the 50% Fibonacci retracement, with a break below that targeting the 61.8% level at 1.6164. Alternatively, a close back above the 38.2% Fib at 1.6356 aims for the underside of a rising channel bottom set from set from mid-December, now at 1.6428. Risk/reward considering argue against taking a trade with prices in close proximity to near-term support. Alternatively, attempting to pick a bottom and trading the pair to the long side presumes support will hold, which is an assumption that is thus far baseless. As such, we remain sidelined for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?