Talking Points: EUR/JPY Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 136.22 ( Feb 4 low) Resistance: 138.05-45 (channel bottom, 23.6% Fib ret.), 139.83 (38.2% Fib ret.) The Euro may be gearing up for a larger recovery against the Japanese Yen, with prices showing a bullish Piercing Line candlestick pattern. A break above resistance in the 138.05-45 area, marked by the underside of a broken falling channel and the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement, initially targets the 38.2% level at 139.83. Near-term support is at 136.22, the February 4 low. Maintaining at least a 1:1 risk/reward ratio calls for a long entry no higher than 137.13, meaning current positioning is acceptable from a purely mechanical standpoint. However, fundamental news-flow is a significant concern ahead of this week's ECB policy announcement . The case for stimulus expansion (or a signaling thereof) appears compelling and we will opt not to be long the Euro in the interim.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers