Talking Points: AUD/USD Technical Strategy: Flat Support: 0.8819 (14.6% Fib ret.), 0.8659 ( Jan 24 low) Resistance: 0.8918 (23.6% Fib ret., trend line), 0.9079 (38.2% Fib ret.) The Australian Dollar rallied as expected after putting in a bullish Piercing Line candlestick pattern. Prices are now testing resistance at 0.8918, the intersection of the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement and a formerly broken rising trend line. A break upward initially targets the 38.2% level at 0.9079. Alternatively, a reversal below the 14.6% Fib at 0.8819 aims for the January 24 low at 0.8659. Risk/reward considerations argue against entering long with prices in close proximity to resistance. On the other hand, a short trade seems premature absent a clear-cut reversal signal. We will remain on the sidelines for the time being, waiting for an actionable setup to present itself.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February