TORONTO - The Canadian dollar closed at 90.11 cents U-S, up 0.33 of a cent from Friday's close. The S-and-P/T-S-X composite index was down 208.74 points to 13,486.20. Volume at 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time was 317.17 (m) million shares. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 326.05 points to 15,372.80. The Standard-and-Poor's 500 index shed 40.70 points to 1,741.89. In the New York Mercantile Exchange , the gold futures for April closed at 1,259 dollars , 90 cents U-S per ounce, up 20 dollars , 10 cents . The March crude contract closed at 96 dollars , 43 cents U-S per barrel, down one dollar , six cents . ( The Canadian Press , The Associated Press ) ADM ( The Canadian Press )
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?