Feb. 04 -- BUCHAREST -- The shares listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) on Tuesday declined by 0.74 percent on average, in an evolution tracked by the BET-C composite index, while the BET-FI index of the financial investment companies (SIFs) gained 0.10 percent. Trade on the BVB main market stood at nearly 4.38 million euros , as shares issued by 56 companies changed hands; among these, 15 advanced and 30 declined. The top liquid issuers were the Proprietatea Fund with trade standing at 3.28 million lei , Romgaz with 3.08 million lei and SIF3 Transilvania with 1.58 million lei . The BET index that reflects the evolution of the 10 most liquid listed issuers went down 1.15 percent; the extended blue-chip index of the top-25 liquid companies -- the BET-XT -- lost 0.87 percent, while the sectoral energy and related utilities index BET-NG dropped by 0.34 percent. The BET-BK return benchmark index for stock investment funds moved down 0.56 percent. ___ (c)2014 Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania Visit Agerpres, Bucharest, Romania at www1.agerpres.ro/english Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?