Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) and 5Star Life Insurance Company announced the hiring of David Orr as Senior Vice President & Chief Actuary of 5Star Life to lead pricing, product development, and the implementation of "best-in-class" risk management style. "We are very excited to have David join the AFBA 5Star team. His unique expertise will be a positive influence as we proceed to implement our five year strategic plan," said General Ed Eberhart , USAF (Ret.), Chairman and President, AFBA. "David's deep knowledge of the life insurance industry makes him a great asset to our organization," said Mark Singleton , President of 5Star Life. "His insights and expertise will enable us to increase our responsiveness to market demands, pursue our strategic direction and manage risks accordingly." Orr comes to 5Star Life with experience in the life insurance industry. Prior to joining 5Star Life, Orr held various leadership positions with Legal & General America in research and development, actuarial, marketing, product development, and underwriting. In his most recent role as Senior Vice President and Chief Actuary, he was responsible for corporate oversight of actuarial practices and provided leadership, direction and vision. Orr is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries , a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and an Associate of the Society of Actuaries . Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) promotes the welfare of its members and their families and to advance and safeguard their economic interests by providing low cost life insurance products and other financial benefits and services in peace and in war. 5Star Life Insurance Company is the underwriter of AFBA member policies and is also a provider of supplemental and other voluntary life insurance products. More Information: http://www.afba.com ((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?