Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) and 5Star Life Insurance Company announced the hiring of David Orr as Senior Vice President & Chief Actuary of 5Star Life to lead pricing, product development, and the implementation of "best-in-class" risk management style. "We are very excited to have David join the AFBA 5Star team. His unique expertise will be a positive influence as we proceed to implement our five year strategic plan," said General Ed Eberhart , USAF (Ret.), Chairman and President, AFBA. "David's deep knowledge of the life insurance industry makes him a great asset to our organization," said Mark Singleton , President of 5Star Life. "His insights and expertise will enable us to increase our responsiveness to market demands, pursue our strategic direction and manage risks accordingly." According to a release, Orr comes to 5Star Life with experience in the life insurance industry. Prior to joining 5Star Life, Orr held various leadership positions with Legal & General America in research and development, actuarial, marketing, product development, and underwriting. In his most recent role as Senior Vice President and Chief Actuary, he was responsible for corporate oversight of actuarial practices and provided leadership, direction and vision. Orr is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries , a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and an Associate of the Society of Actuaries . Headquartered in Alexandria, Va. , Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA) was established with the support of the General of the Army , Dwight D. Eisenhower . More information: www.afba.com ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic